Do I need a boating license to operate a personal watercraft?
Yes. If you do not have a boating license, we can provide you with a temporary license at a cost of $10. This is valid only for the rental period.
Is gasoline included in the rental?
Yes. Gasoline and all equipment are included in the rental price.
Is a deposit required?
Yes. A minimum deposit of $750 to $1500 is required on a valid credit card. The deposit is released upon return of the boat, assuming no damage has been caused during the rental.
What happens if it rains on the day of my reservation?
We are open whether the weather is nice or not. However, if you decide not to go out when it rains, Récréation Marine will give you a rain credit which will be applied to another date. No refunds.
Is there an age limit for renting a boat?
The designated driver must be at least 18 years old. If it turns out that this condition is not met on the day of rental, the reservation will be canceled by Récréation Marine. There is no age restriction for other passengers.
Is there a cancellation policy?
Yes, here are the terms:
- Any reservation canceled 7 days or more before the rental date will be refunded.
- Any reservation canceled within 7 days of the rental date is refunded at 80%
- Any reservation canceled 48 hours from the rental date is refunded at 50%.
- Any reservation canceled within 24 hours of the rental date will not be refunded.
- No refunds will be made for same day cancellations.
- In the event of conditions deemed unfavorable for an outing on the water (storm, strong winds, etc.), the rental will be canceled and you will be notified either in advance or the same day on site. Your reservation will be postponed to a later date, as many times as necessary.
*In the event of a refund, the amounts reimbursed will be net of processing costs.